It’s been rather hot this week and for lack of air conditioning at home, I’ve been eating lots of spicy food – and espresso soft-serve — to survive.
- Dan Dan Noodles (担担面) are the best things ever: A small amount of spicy soup and pork which comes out perfect nearly every time. Goes well paired with Smashed Cucumber Salad (凉拌黄瓜) which — served cold and drizzled in Sichuan chilli oil — make the temperature melt away.
- Kozhi Varutha is a new discovery — Asha’s serves a similar fish curry which is my go to whenever I’m in Birmingham, and this is even easier to make. Lots of chilli and creamy chicken: Perfect.
- Kara-Miso Ramen (辛味噌ラーメン) for whatever reason isn’t that well known but is utterly delicious. I think I overdid the ginger and chilli because it came out a much deeper red, but, oh my god was it good. If you’re ever in Tokyo be sure to check out the place I discovered it.
With the heat however, haven’t got a whole lot done.
- For fun I’ve been writing small slack bots to automate journal entries and news digests, although maybe I should re-write them in Rust?
- Resident Evil on Netflix was surprisingly good. Video-game stories don’t tend to work in film (e.g. the Resident Evil series of movies) but this is a great exception. Highly recommended.
- Have you heard about the curse of the ninth? Wondering if Gabe Newell is worried about a curse of the third in video-games.