The last working week of the year and I'm not sure where it went. I've started writing a proper introspective post about the year.
On Friday I released my first track!
- It's called “Space Dragon On The Go”. Not really sure where the name came from, but it stuck.
- The release process itself has been really interesting, and it turns out to be really hard. Lots of juggling and I'm left with even more respect for people who do this all the time!
- It isn't my best work - but I'm proud of having finished & released something, end-to-end, this year. There are something like six tracks in progress right now and I'm stuck obsessing over details.
- Still trying to find "my sound". This is somewhere between minimal & melodic techno.
- That said, it's also definitely a little bit over-engineered. There are a lot of cool things you can do in music production and here I've applied a few cool tricks.
- You can find it on Bandcamp, SoundCloud, Spotify & most of the other streaming platforms!
- I'd really appreciate likes, follows & reposts. Of course - if it's not your jam - that's fair too!
Originally the plan was to write this while staying with family for Christmas...
- A week and a half ago, that still seemed quite reasonable.
- But then pandemic numbers started climbing...
- And then the "pings" from the NHS contact-tracing started coming... (Despite not going out much! What!)
- The last social of the year (Tuesday) quickly pivoted to a remote one. Naturally, Jackbox 3-6 were featured prominently.
- Then about three hours before the train, during our traditional departmental watch-a-long of Die Hard... (it's a christmas movie, damnit)
- A close member of family tested positive.
- Cue a weekend of worry: It's hard being so far away.
- It put a bit of a dampener on Die Hard. (still a christmas movie, damnit)
- Anyway Christmas is
cancelledpostponed indefinitely, for the second year in a row. Ah well. Time to catch-up with coursework.
Hope you, dear reader, are safe & well.